First Baptist Church, Angleton holds to the Southern Baptist "Baptist Faith & Message, 2000 edition" as its statement of faith. The BFM 2000 is a conservative, Bible-based document, which affirms, among other things:
- "The eternal triune God reveals Himself to us as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit"
- "All scripture is totally true and trustworthy"
- "There is no salvation apart from personal faith in Jesus Christ as Lord"
- "All true believers endure to the end"
- "Christian baptism is an act of obedience symbolizing the believer's faith ..."
- "Marriage is the uniting of one man and one woman in covenant commitment for a lifetime"
- "Children, from the moment of conception, are a blessing and heritage from the Lord."
You may access the BFM 2000 in its entirely by following this link: http://www.sbc.net/bfm2000/bfm2000.asp