First Baptist Church, Angleton is a conservative, Bible-believing, Southern Baptist church, adhering to the basic beliefs of the Southern Baptist, "Baptist Faith & Message." These beliefs include:
- The inspiration of the Bible. It has "God for its author, salvation for its end, and truth, without any mixture of error, for its matter."
- The Triune nature of God. "The eternal God reveals Himself to us as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit."
- Salvation through Jesus: "In His death on the cross He made provision for the redemption of men from sin."
- Security of the Believer: "All true believers endure to the end. Those whom God has accepted in Christ, and sanctified by His Spirit, will never fall away from the state of grace, but shall persevere to the end."
- Symbolic nature of baptism and the Lord's Supper.